Thursday 21 September 2017

Fly High Mixed Media Tag by Farrel Tailor

Hello and happy Thursday everyone!!! 
Today I am sharing with you all my very first mixed media tag. I had so much fun creating this tag and can't wait to create some more!! There is a process video at the bottom of the blog if you would like to see how I created the tag.

To create the tag, I used the packaging from a 2 minute noodle box and covered it with Prima Rose Quartz - Grateful Heart pp. 

Then using the dabbing technique I applied the following Distress Oxide Inks - Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey. (I stamped the inks onto my craft mat and spritzed with water before dabbing and dried in between colours)



Once I was happy with the colours for my background, I then used the font stamp from Darkroom Door Hummingbirds set. Using the same stamp set, I stamped the hummingbird and leafy branch onto some white cardstock and used Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder - Black Forest Black.

I then cut out the hummingbird and using a waterpen, I then applied Distress Oxide Inks Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean to my hummingbird and applied some cheesecloth to the back.  I then inked around the edges of the tag using Distress Oxide Ink Black Soot



After adhering my stamped bird, I then stamped "Fly High" which is from the same stamp set and added some splattering using Dylusions White Linen Spray.

And there you have it..... a mixed media tag!!!  I hope I have inspired you to create something special.




Until next time - Happy Scrappin' 
Farrel xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10