Thursday 10 August 2017

Pink Paislee Summer Lights | Summer Love | Guest DT Gwen Wruck

Hi Creative Friends,

Gwen Wruck here today super excited to be stopping by the blog to share as this months Guest Designer for Sassy Scrappers!

For those of you who don't know me, I started scrapping in 1998 and still absolutely love it.  I am currently on many design teams including Coco Vanilla Studios and love showcasing products, sharing ideas and connecting with the scrap community and I am thrilled to be a Scrapbooking Memories Master for 2017, all of which keeps me very busy indeed!!  

I do not know how Olga manages to get her hands on all the latest release goodies so fast, but I sure am happy to be able to snap them up!  This month I will be creating with the latest collection from Pink Paislee - Summer Lights and today I'm sharing my first page.


The idea for this page started with that cute bright pink 'Summer' element from the No 12 paper and the word 'Love' from the card stock sticker pack.  I knew I wanted to make this my title for a sweet photo of hubby and me at the beach.  Often, when I'm creating, a whole idea for a page starts with one or two elements from a collection, just like it did here, it makes creating so easy!


Next, I just had to use the cute little wave elements, these came from the card stock sticker pack as well as the Thickers sticker sheet.


It was now time to mount my photo.  To do this, I've added lots of lovely paper layers from the 6x6 paper pad.  I will often grab these when purchasing a new collection as they are a really economical way to get all the papers.  There is a stack of fun elements in the collection to choose from, but I thought the hearts were a great choice seeing it was a page about Summer Love!  I have also included lots of other Summer icons as well including cool glasses and icy poles, so fun!


Once my paper layers were all decided, the page had come together nicely.  All it needed was a little sprinkle of interest on the left and right side.  I started with the space above the word 'love' as it was the largest and chose a sweet little camera sticker and a shell from the chipboard pack.  I also added some stars from the card stock sticker sheet and a heart I'd just punched from a sneaky scrap I'd had from the photo mat.


How cute is the rainbow element?  It was the perfect touch for the top left-hand corner of my page.  Here you can also see the sprinkle of elements I created on the left, more punched hearts from the offcut pattern paper and some rhinestones from my stash.

Thanks for checking out the blog today, I know it's Winter here in Australia right now, so what better time to remember the joys of Summer and get those photos scrapped, this collection really is perfect for it!




You can find the entire range in the Sassy Scrappers store here.

Until next time,
Gwen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10