Friday 1 April 2016

Leanne | C'est La Vie layout

Hello lovely Sassy friends! Welcome to a new month here on the Sassy blog. Today I am sharing a layout created with the gorgeous Pink Paislee | C'est La Vie collection.

"Always Challenge Me"

I wanted to keep the use of the collection clean and simple, letting the layers of the patterned paper speak for themselves.


The story here is simple as well. My eldest two children love to compete with each other, in a way only siblings can appreciate. At the moment it's all about their height difference, or rather how my daughter, who is three years older than her brother, has succumbed to his never ending growth spurt!


Each element on my page usually has a secondary meaning - other than looking pretty! LOL! Here I have used the C'est La Vie glittered cork hearts in different sizes, specifically to resemble bigger/smaller or younger/older.

The pop of yellow in the patterned paper is layered directly beneath the photo and is a perfect colour match to what my son is wearing. This becomes his domain on the page whereas the subtleness of the black and white elements not only ground the photo to the layout, but introduces my daughter also as subject matter.


Hand stitching a circle around the main focal area concentrates on the story, a little like the "circle of life" but it also represents, to me,  an element of closeness.

Of course the fussy cutting of the blooms from the #10 C'est La Vie patterned paper (one of my favourite pieces from this collection!) is all about coming back to the main subject of growth.


My layout has been completed with hidden journaling that allows me to express this whimsical fantasy of each child challenging the other in something that they both have no control over! LOL! However much they wish it! And it is still good fun to document. 

Don't forget to check out this collection in the Sassy store. Thanks for visiting today..x

Sassy Supplies:

Ces't La Vie 12x12 Paper #10 Ces't La Vie 12x12 Paper #1 Ces't La Vie 12x12 Paper #2
C'est La Vie Word Jumble Stickers Word Jumble Black W/Gold C'est La Vie Glittered Cork Stickers Hearts Cienna Mint Alphabet Stickers

Life is Beautiful Enamel Dot pack 44pcSew Easy Glitter Floss Neutral Natural


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10