Saturday 5 March 2016

Design Team Introduction - Agnus Kasprzak

Hi :) you might have noticed that in yesterday's post, the lovely Leanne Allinson mentioned that she is changing focus and will be creating layout and mini albums this year and that might have left you wondering what will happen to the Project Life posts? Well, that's where I come in and am very excited to announce that I have joined the Sassy Scrappers team and will be sharing lots of pocket page goodness throughout the year!


So let me introduce myself... I'm a proud mumma of 3 boys aged 5, 13 and 19 who make everyday an adventure to say the least. I have been scrapping for over 12 years and discovered Project Life around 4 years ago and quickly became hooked as I began telling our story by recording all the little moments from everyday life.  I have a clean scrapping style with a love of layers and embellishment clusters and hope that you will enjoy my passion for Project Life each month.  


I like to document the year on a weekly basis, and have been playing with the gorgeous Simple Stories 'Life in Color' collection from the store to record all the details from week 4. 


The colours in this range are definitely some of my faves, and the bold black and white prints made it very easy to use the range with a variety of photos. The die-cut accents from the Sn@p! Card pack were great for layers and the Adhesive Brads and Chipboard Frames were perfect for adding extra impact as well as varying the depth and texture in some of the pockets. 


I use a simple 'Bohemian Typewriter' front to journal onto my cards, and even though I don't always add embellies to all of my pics, the fabulous pieces in this collection made it hard to resist adding a little pop of extra colour to each pocket. 



I often try to repeat one element across both pages to create a nice flow from page to page, and have done this here with the use of the circle accents in several of the pockets. 



I varied the printed journaling by printing some of it directly onto my photos and journal cars, and using journal strips to record more details. 


I've noticed that when using a 3x4" photo in the horizontal pockets, I often try to create a visual connection between the journal/filler card and the photo by overlapping some of the accents onto both pieces and as you can see I totally loved the Enamel dots and had fun adding them to many of my pockets.


Simple Stories 'Life in Color' products from the store...

                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                            



 Thanks for stopping by xx
Photobucket

1 comment:

09 10