Monday 3 August 2015

Project Life | Week 22...

Hello Sassy Friends! Here we are once again, exploring the possibilities of Project Life 2015. Today I am sharing my Week 22, using a combination of both Simple Stories Summer Vibes and Coco Vanilla Studios - Made of Awesome.
 
 
This week was another sporty one in our household (be warned, this week was one of several sporty weeks in a row!!!) and I wanted to capture the craziness of it all, in a very boyish sense.  Summer Vibes and Made of Awesome are a perfect fit!
 
 
Documentation was a big part of my week. My eldest son was in a hockey tournament which was leading up to State Titles. A massive weekend where we had to travel away for it.  The journaling card was a mix of sporting and tourist-like opportunities. Each of the cameras were fussy cut from the Summer Vibes Selfie patterned paper and layered in a vertical stack to mimic the subtitle next to it.
 
 
I did however, before I let the spread get too sports heavy, throw in a little of our normal week.  It finally clicked with me, that we've built up a routine that hasn't varied in a while during the morning school drop off. I took this moment to document the routine; noting both the mundane and ordinary in the process. The vertical stars from the Made of Awesome Mixed Up patterned paper is, like the camera stack,  complementary to the Hervey Bay subtitle in the adjacent pocket.
 

 
My colour palette this week was again dictated by the photos. The filler cards were left mostly as is, with perhaps a little journaling note attached.
 
 
From the piles of photos sourced this week, some of them were specifically chosen because of the literal information in them.  When I took this shot of my eldest son, I made certain I could see the sign in the background.  It not only becomes a favourite portrait shot of Liam, but it recognises where he was playing on this particular weekend.
 
 
If you remember from last week, I mentioned the shaped filler cards. This is the reverse side from Week 21. The only alteration is the orange die cut star added to boost the colour story on my pages.
 
 
On page two, I've played with stickers.  Always a great embellishment for project life pages!
 
 
Each sticker was chosen for its colour and ability to share the story.  Here I added the Made of Awesome Accessories stickers directly to my photo.  With this sticker placement, seemingly in white space, I've highlighted the player at the bottom of the field - my middle son, who was helping out at his brother's team training session. 
 
 
Stickers can not only highlight difficult things to see, but on this filler card, I've created my own message using stickers, pre-existing cut aparts and ideally placed die cuts! Going away for a weekend with a team of U13 boys, this phrase was heard regularly!
 
 
Also found on the Made of Awesome Mixed Up patterned paper (cut aparts) was this cute speech bubble 3x4 card.  What a perfect opportunity to add more journaling during a very busy week.
 
 
Finally, to finish off the spread, more stickers from the Summer Vibes Expressions sheet were placed in the white spaces of photos.
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting with me here today. I hope you are inspired to continue on with your PL2015 - especially when it comes to sports crazy weeks! *grin*
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Made of Awesome Mixed Up Paper 12x12 Made of Awesome Accessories Stickers 6x12 Made of Awesome Alphabet Stickers 6x12
Summer Vibes Expression Sticker Sheet Summer Vibes Selfie Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes Sn@p Cards
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10