Monday 20 April 2015

Project Life | Week 10...

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome to another instalment of Project Life Monday.  Today I am sharing my Week Ten | March 9 - 15 using the awesome Simple Stories I Am and Crate Paper Craft Market collections.
 
This week I have left my photos to be the hero pieces.  My boys had their first hockey games of the season and therefore a big part of our week revolved around their preparation. However, even though four out of the nine photos shared this week are from this weekend event, I've made a conscious effort to include bits and pieces of our everyday normal as well as a milestone for my youngest.
 
 
Even with the craziness of the photos dotted throughout the spread, I have tried to balance the chaos by also featuring embellishments in the filler card pockets.
 
 
By cutting apart and trimming sections from the patterned papers, I have created interest with layers.
 
 
Some embellishments were even shared across two pockets..
 
 
While other filler cards were stand alone statements that felt appropriate for the story nearby.. The "fearless" card used Amy Tangerine Stitched as a background layer, Simple Stories I Am fussy cut butterfly and fearless word strip and a Craft Market ephemera label stamped with two sentiments.
 
 
Where I wanted to really highlight the photo/story, I added a MAMBI chipboard hand, layered with Simple Stories I Am stickers.
 
 
On page two of this week's spread, it was a case of copy and paste from page one! More brightly placed photos and filler cards layered with embellishments.
 
 
My title pocket was quickly put together using the Simple Stories I Am 4x6 Horizontal Journaling paper, Craft Market Ephemera and some Prima Alphas.
 
 
The photo of my daughter's preparation for her Spanish Ballet exam was also layered but with a fussy cut word strip from the patterned paper, MAMBI chipboard circle, enamel dots and another sticker phrase from Simple Stories.
 
 
When creating the "yes, we're open" filler card, I have actually used two pieces of patterned paper. The slight hint of the pink paint chart is from the Craft Market Project with Gold Glitter paper trimmed to 3"x4". The wood panel paper was on the reverse side of the same paper. I trimmed it to allow the pink paper to border one side of the pocket. I love that I managed to capture a sneaky photo of my girl at her work and how awesome is it, that I can really use the "café/shop" sign as part of my journaling this week!!
 
 
Where some filler cards this week are very busy, I have also managed to tone down some pockets and use them simply.
 
 
Finally, the word "crazy" was created from the Simple Stories Expressions Cardstock Stickers and added directly to the photo of "Crazy Sock Day"!
 
 
Thanks for joining me here today, even among all the chaos as shared above!! So far, that's my Project Life 2015 adventure. Crazy & Chaotic. Wish me luck for the next few weeks!  *grin*  ..x
 
Sassy Supplies:
 
MAMBI | Vacation Chipboard Stickers
 
Craft Market | Ephemera Pack
Craft Market | Handmade Paper
 
Simple Stories | 4x6 Horizontal Journaling
Simple Stories | 3x4 Journaling Card Elements
Simple Stories | Expressions Cardstock Stickers
 
 
Amy Tangerine | Stitched Felted Paper
 
 
      
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10