Monday 16 June 2014

Project Life | Week Twenty...

Hello Sassy Friends!  Welcome to Project Life Week Twenty | May 12 - 18.  This week I am sharing another spread created with the Sassy Scrapper's June PL Kit.
 
 
 

Okay Friends.  I have something to confess.  I don't plan ahead when it comes to matching kit colours with my project life photos.  I kind of just take the snapshot and then worry about the cohesive-ness of my spread later.  That's why I get so excited when I work with my Sassy PL Kits.  They are really so versatile with the colours and textures, my spreads just always seem to come together, effortlessly.



This simple, ombre strip of patterned paper from the Kit, was a perfect example of photo/story & paper embellishment coming together unexpectedly.  The sunset image not only has similar colours as the paper, but the cloud ripples reminded me of the ombre itself.


As my first pocket page contained vibrant colours, I have teamed it next to a relatively simple filler card.  The decorative wood pieces help embellish and give dimension to the card without it feeling completely flat.


A big event at our house during Week 20, was NAPLAN.  The middle row of my Design A pockets, on page one, has been completely dedicated to sharing that story.  Whereas the bottom row on page one, now mirrors the top row on page two.



However, on the photo above, I wanted to add some text, created with Photoshop, directly to my 4x6 print.




I have discovered, that in my PL process, there is just something so magical, when I add text to my pages.  The photos & stories combined, come to life.  The Becky Higgins PL cards are always a treasure trove for me to work with.  Sometimes I will use the planned journaling side of the card, but other times I will type directly onto the pretty patterned paper.
 


 
 
Some of the PL filler cards this week, even prompted me into remembering some of our more mundane happenings.  Treasure Maps have always been created by my boys, but I don't always remember to take a photo of the finished product.. (usually a few pencil marks on a plain piece of printer paper that also includes an 'X' to 'mark the spot').
 
I love how having a kit to work with, can allow you to think outside the box when it comes to creating your page.
 
Thanks for visiting today..x
 
June Project Life Kit as Designed by Leanne Allinson
 
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Becky Higgins Project Life Alphabet Stickers Grey 8 Sheets
 
 
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love it - for some reason your PL pages inspire me HEAPS.....& DUH! Writing on the pretty cards...of course! Why not???!!! LOOOOVE these pages. Simply sensational.....especially the Type Writer story:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy colours. PL pages with real heart x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely and cute PL ! love your journaling, and "don't put them on Facebook !" LOL !! my son is 22 y.o and told me this some days ago !! ;-)) Thanks for inspiring us !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too cute right Vero?! Thanks for your kind words...x

      Delete
  4. What a great PL spread. Your style is fabulous. Makes you really want to take notice.

    ReplyDelete

09 10