Friday 9 May 2014

You & Me

Hello Sassy Friends!
 
Another weekend is on our doorstep, which means I get to share with you 
the fun I've been having with this Simple Stories 'DIY Boutique' collection!
The brights are right up my little alley and with Mother's Day this Sunday, 
my layout would naturally have to feature these two cheeky monkeys 
who have changed my life in every way.
 
There are so many fun elements to enjoy in this collection, like these script stickers.
On the busy patterned paper, the negative stood out a bit more, so I fussycut it out. Now I get to use the sentiment twice!
 I love discovering new ideas and thanks to social sites like Pinterest, there are loads of tutorials floating around out there on the ether. I found a pic a while ago on Instagram showing how to make your own enamel dots. Being a "DIY" collection, I thought I would share the technique with you...
It is so easy to make your own enamel dots!
 
You'll need
 
Plastic 'Pony' beads (found cheaply at craft or discount store)
baking paper
Just arrange your beads on the baking paper on a baking tray and pop in the oven. 
My was about 180 degrees C and it took about 10/15 mins for them to melt.
Simple as that. Now you can have dots to match any project!
Thank you for popping in today.
And to all the Mum's being celebrated this weekend, 
have a beautiful day on Sunday.
Chantalle
Sassy Supplies used:
DIY Boutique Newspaper and Yellow Paper 12x12  DIY Boutique Outside the Box Paper 12x12  DIY Boutique Insta Frames 12/Pkg DIY Word Stickers 
  Studio Calico Tiny STARS Essentials Wood Veneer Shapes  DIY Enamel Dots Pink, Green Orange  Mixed Company Confetti Rubons Favourite Things Epoxy Stickers Hello Today Rub-On - Confetti

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love this idea. So simple and yet so effective. Will search out these beads tomorrow. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

09 10