Wednesday 25 September 2013

Seize The Day - Layout by Leonie Neal-Dawson

Hi and happy hump day to all our readers at Sassy Scrappers.
Leonie here today.
Have you joined in on our September Blog hop?
Prizes up for grabs on all of the DT blogs - plus a major prize here on the Sassy Blog.
Head to this post if you haven't joined in yet, you still have a few days left to enter.
I'm sharing a layout today using the My Minds Eye Cut and Paste Flair range
which you can find here.
Now, if you've seen my other layouts using this paper range (here, here and here) you will know that it's all lovely pink and mint colours with some black thrown in! Well I wanted to do something different so I chose a photo taken at Sunrise last ANZAC day. 
As you can imagine mint and pink were going to struggle with the yellows, orange and reds of
a sunrise photograph.
To over come this I chose mostly black elements from the MME range.
Predomintly the piece of paper below, which I used to fussy cut lots of the frames to 
make a mat for my photograph.
Cut and Paste Flair Small Charms Paper
Then I was able to use all the warm and hot colours in the spectrum to 
create my background.
Here's my layout.

I used a Crafters Workshop Stencil on the background
(You can find lots of them here in the shop)
and spread texture paste over the stencil.
I then used dylusions sprays in red, yellow and orange to colour the background.


When it was dry I sprayed with water which returned some of the stencil pattern to 
the white colour of the texture paste.

I also used some of the MME tiny word stickers, brads and enamel dots to embellish 
my page.


Thanks so much for stopping by the Sassy blog.  I hope you've 
found something here to spark your creativity.
Cheers,

Cut and Paste Flair Forever Enamel Dots Cut and Paste Flair WOW Label Stickers Cut and Paste Flair Small Charms Paper Cut and Paste Flair Small Decorative Brads Cut and Paste Flair Today Tiny Word Stickers Ranger Dylusions Cherry Pie Ink Spray
Photobucket

2 comments:

09 10